Sunday, October 6, 2013

Gettin' There


Our deck is coming along pretty well, and although it's still not quite finished, I'm feeling more hopeful about our yard being finished. It's been taking awhile due to the weather and the contractor running out of parts. We have plans for stamped concrete once the deck is finished. It ended up a bit bigger than I expected, but I'm looking forward to spending time on it.


Two weeks ago I was able to go Imperial Flyers again. I went by myself, so the pictures were lacking. I worked on Bird's Nest and was able to make the catch. I even made it into the official YouTube video!



We made homemade pizza last week and went a bit overboard on the toppings. We ended up with three varieties: Chicken Pesto w/ Sundried Tomatoes, Sausage & Peppers, and Margherita w/ Chicken and Peppers. 


Eric has been at home this week due to the government furlough, and I'm really enjoying having a "stay at home boyfriend." I had conferences this week, so I was working 13 hour days and not getting home until late. It was so exhausting, but it was amazing having dinner ready for me and the house picked up when I got home each night. My favorite was the homemade Beer Battered Tacos w/ Guacamole.


A coworker gave us a giant zucchini from their garden, so I made Chocolate Zucchini Bread. Since I was already taking the time to make it, I also made Chocolate Hazelnut Banana Bread. They both turned out pretty well and it will be nice to have breakfast already made for the next few days.


2 comments:

  1. I'm drooling just looking at your photos, Ashley! The food looks delicious, and the deck progress is exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, the deck looks great! I know you will enjoy it once it is done. We love ours. And all the good looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete