Friday, June 14, 2013

Workin' Out!


This was a big week for working out. Our Hawaii trip (and my Washington trip) is in a month, so I have a big motivator for staying on track. I'm feeling incredibly sore, but accomplished.

I started Wave Shape on the first of the month. It's designed to get you in surfer shape, so I've really been trying to stay on schedule. It's associated with Calavera Swimwear, which is another motivator. I even created an Instagram and Twitter account so I can enter the weekly contests. (Big week for social media!) I did all three workouts the first week, but I only did two this week. I figure I did enough other workouts this week to justify missing one Wave Shape.

Eric and I started a kickboxing class last Friday at 303 Training Center. We've been four times now, and twice we've been the only two in the class which is almost like having a personal trainer. The classes have been mixed between boot camp style and bag work. I'm still feeling really awkward with the bag combinations, but I'm hoping I'll improve. I think I pulled a muscle on Monday, but I'm hoping it will heal quickly and not prevent me from continuing to work out. It was really hurting during tonight's class, especially during the right side kicks and ab work. I don't want a repeat of an injury like last year, especially before we leave on vacation.

I also started riding with clip-less pedals. We went on a big ride today up Lair O' the Bear. I started off exhausted and sore, but Eric kept me motivated and challenged me to try some technical sections I wouldn't have attempted otherwise. By the end, I was really dragging, but I kept pushing and finally made it. I will admit I felt a bit pathetic.

Last night, we went to Linger. We made reservations about six weeks ago, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The service was great and the food was awesome. We went a bit overboard and ordered five entrees and dessert. We also had a wine on recommendation of the wine guy. I brought home the bottle in case I ever follow through on putting decorative lights inside.

Miraval Rose Wine

“Devils on Horseback” / Applewood Smoked Bacon Wrapped Medjool Dates, Herbed Goat Cheese & Sambal Gastrique

Sesame BBQ Tacos / Kobe Short Rib, Napa Slaw, Radish, Avocado & Lime

Carrot & Lentil Falafel / Garbanzos, Cashews, Turkish Chile, Scallion, Zucchini Pickle, Tomato, Herbs & Lemon-Tahini Yogurt wrapped in Butter Lettuce

Mongolian BBQ Duck Bun / Scallions & Miso-Pickled Cucumbers

Wagyu Burger Sliders / Peppered Bacon, Aged Cheddar, Curried Sour Cream, Sweet Potato Waffle Fries & Chipotle Ketchup

Salted Butterscotch Pudding w/ Lemongrass Cotton Candy

No comments:

Post a Comment