Sunday, June 30, 2013

What Was I Thinkin'?

This week's lesson: WEAR SUNSCREEN! I joined a few friends at the pool earlier this week. While I enjoyed their company, I made a colossal mistake and forgot to put on sunscreen. After about three and a half hours, I had the worst sunburn I think I've ever had in my life. It has been incredibly painful, and wearing a shirt has been a struggle. It's day five of the sunburn, and I'm now completely blistered and still having a hard time sleeping because of it. This has also greatly interfered with my workouts for the week. I'm totally bummed because I felt like I was doing so well with working out most everyday and eating well.

I have now missed three consecutive days of working out. I suffered through my workouts the first two days, but I think the heat and sweat was making it worse, and now that I'm blistered, I don't want to risk them popping and scarring. I wasn't completely inactive though. On my three days off from working out I took my nephew to the Denver Museum of Nature and Science & Civic Center Eats, I attempted to go kickboxing, but the instructor didn't show up, and I then helped Eric's parents move. I'm hoping I'll be back in my workout routine by tomorrow because even though it's a lot of work, I feel good about myself for doing it.

The OG Burger Food Truck we ate off at Civic Center Eats. The BBQ Bacon Burger was awesome!


The back yard is now officially torn up. It's looking pretty pathetic and brown. I continue to be a bit nervous that we (Eric) will be able to complete it without professional help. He's planning to continue working on it over the holiday weekend coming up and is now talking about renting a Bobcat and a giant dumpster. I'm hoping he makes good progress since we will be leaving for Hawaii the week after.

Our torn up yard.

This is the start of the trench where the retaining wall and garden will go. The entire yard will need to be leveled first.



No comments:

Post a Comment