Thursday, August 6, 2015

Lovin' Summer

I have just a few days left of my summer break, and while it's always sad when it comes to an end, I'm really glad I was able to do everything I did and enjoy my time off.

I just returned from an awesome trip to Washington to see my sister. We truly made the most of our time and packed in as many activities as possible.



We spent the first week in Port Townsend enjoying concerts on the dock, coffee, amazing meals and cocktails, farmer's markets, coffee, movies at the Rose Theater & Starlight Room, beach time, exploring Fort Worden, visiting Olympia, hanging out, oh, and did I mention, coffee?

Movie Night at the Starlight Theater

Chillin' at Fort Worden

Wall Spins at Fort Worden

During the week, we also took the ferry for a day trip to Victoria, BC where we wandered the shops and visited the art gallery at the Robert Bateman Centre.

The Parliament Building and a Totem Pole in Victoria, BC

For the last weekend in Washington, we went to Seattle. We started the weekend with a trip to Emerald City Trapeze. Stacie worked on the gazelle, and I worked on the penny roll. Even though I was having trouble with the form and timing, I was able to make the catch at the end of the day.

Penny Roll Catch

After trapeze, we wandered around Seattle and had a late lunch at The Pink Door. That evening, we decided to walk to the Space Needle, and on a whim, went to the Chihuly Exhibit. We had fun taking pictures and loved seeing everything lit up. We even enjoyed dessert and a bottle of wine while waiting for dark. It was one of those perfect days that makes you smile just thinking about it.

Outside the Pink Door in Seattle

The Space Needle at the Chihuly Exhibit

While in Seattle, we also went to the North American Women's Parkour Jam. Unfortunately, I injured my ankle a few weeks before the trip, so I had to take it easy. However, it was still fun to be a part of the event, and Seattle has some amazing training spots. We were also able to coordinate a visit with some of our cousins and had a great time walking around Seattle and having dinner at Tulio. On the way back to the hotel, we stumbled upon the Seafair Torchlight Parade and joined the crowd to watch.

Lache at Gasworks Park in Seattle

Hanging out with our cousin Beth in Seattle

My visit ended with a concert and Marymoor Park. We had a blast listening to Colin Hay, The Violent Femmes, and The Barenaked Ladies.

Cracking up at the Barenaked Ladies Concert

After returning home, I was able to visit with some of my other Portland cousins. We had dinner at my house and went to Elitch's together.

Dinner with the Earnests & Keturis

Freaking Out on the Tower of Doom

I took my first few aerials classes, and even had the chance to play on the outdoor rig during Nat Jam. It requires very different types of movements from what I'm used to, but it is a good challenge, and something new to work on each week. It was nice to be able to still do something at the jam with a sprained ankle.

Gazelle on the Outdoor Aerials Rig

1 comment:

  1. So much fun, Ashley! You truly make the most of your summer vacations, and I'm glad I was able to share in the fun!

    ReplyDelete